Yahoo! Real Estate and Zillow.com Team Up to Create Powerful Real Estate Advertising Network
Partnership Combines the Power of Yahoo!'s Audience and Zillow.com's Leading Industry Solutions
Jul 9, 2010
SEATTLE and SUNNYVALE, Calif., July 9 /PRNewswire/ -- Two of the most popular real estate websites in the country today announced an exclusive partnership that will offer advertisers a single channel to reach across both Yahoo! Real Estate and Zillow.com® later this year. This partnership brings together the second-and third-most trafficked real estate websites(1), making this one of the most powerful and far-reaching real estate ad networks on the web. As part of the relationship, Zillow® will power all for-sale listings on Yahoo! Real Estate.
Once the integration of Zillow's more than 4 million for-sale listings is complete, home shoppers using Yahoo! Real Estate (realestate.yahoo.com) will continue to search for homes by geography, price and other criteria. The home shopping experience for Zillow's users will not change. The financial terms of the partnership were not disclosed.
Although the partnership is expected to go into effect later this year, Zillow and Yahoo! Real Estate are immediately coordinating sales efforts for the advertising network. Upon full implementation, real estate agents and brokers who advertise and place their listings on the sites will receive greater value and simplicity in several key ways.
- The successful Zillow Premier Agent program will be extended to Yahoo! Real Estate, and current Zillow advertisers will be offered the first chance to purchase Premier Agent placement on Yahoo!
- For-sale listings placed on Zillow will automatically appear on Yahoo! Real Estate, helping brokers by decreasing the number of data feeds they need to support.
- After the launch of the partnership, advertisers who buy Showcase Ads or Featured Listings will automatically have those placed on Yahoo! Real Estate and Zillow.
- Homeowners will have the ability to purchase "for sale by owner" listings and have them appear on both sites.
- Zillow and Yahoo! expect to work together in the sale of display advertising on Yahoo! Real Estate to new home builders, real estate agents and brokers.
The Yahoo! and Zillow relationship began in 2006 when Yahoo! Real Estate incorporated Zillow's Zestimate® home valuations for more than 72 million U.S. homes into its user experience.
"This new partnership between Zillow and Yahoo! Real Estate creates the opportunity for agents and brokers to reach one of the largest audiences of homebuyers online when they list a home or purchase an ad," said Spencer Rascoff, Zillow COO. "Today, Zillow offers a range of services for every stage of homeownership and we're excited to build upon our long-standing relationship with Yahoo! Real Estate and extend our leadership in the online real estate space.
"Both companies are first and foremost about serving the needs of consumers with great content and experiences," said Steve Schultz, head of Yahoo! Real Estate. "This partnership enables us together to better serve the advertising needs of real estate agents and brokers and bring highly scalable solutions to the market."
Zillow.com is an online real estate marketplace where homeowners, buyers, sellers, renters, real estate agents and mortgage professionals find and share vital information about homes and mortgages. Launched in early 2006 with Zestimate® home values and data on millions of U.S. homes, Zillow has since added homes for sale and homes for rent, a directory of real estate and lending professionals, Zillow Advice and Zillow Mortgage Marketplace. One of the most-visited U.S. real estate Web sites, with more than 10 million unique visitors per month, Zillow's goal is to help people become smarter about homes and real estate in every stage of their lives -- home buying, selling, renting, remodeling and financing. The company is headquartered in Seattle and has raised $87 million in funding.
Zillow.com, Zillow and Zestimate are registered trademarks of Zillow, Inc.
Yahoo! attracts hundreds of millions of users every month through its innovative technology and engaging content and services, making it one of the most visited Internet destinations and a world-class online media company. Yahoo!'s vision is to be the center of people's online lives by delivering personally relevant, meaningful Internet experiences. Yahoo! is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. For more information, visit pressroom.yahoo.com or the company's blog, Yodel Anecdotal (yodel.yahoo.com).
Yahoo! is the registered trademark of Yahoo! Inc.
(1) In May 2010, Zillow.com had the second-largest number of unique visitors in the real estate category, and Yahoo! Real Estate had the third-largest number of unique visitors, according to comScore.
# # #