Zillow.com® Reports Record Visits and Activity in First Half of 2010, Amid Surge in Mobile Usage
Despite real estate market uncertainty, more homeowners, buyers, sellers, renters and real estate professionals than ever are turning to Zillow®
Jul 1, 2010
SEATTLE, July 1 /PRNewswire/ -- Despite a mixed housing market that continued to struggle during the first half of 2010, real estate website Zillow.com today announced it broke multiple records for site traffic and user activity over the past six months. Zillow consistently broke traffic records during the past six months with an average of 10 million unique users visiting Zillow each month during this period, up 20 percent year-over-year(i). In June, 10.7 million visitors came to Zillow, up 26 percent from year earlier.
The Zillow Mobile App has been downloaded 1.75 million times, making Zillow the clear leader in mobile real estate. Zillow has apps on the iPhone®, as well as on Windows® Mobile, iPad™ and Android™, the latter three of which launched in May, April and March respectively. Zillow is the most popular real estate app in the iPhone App Store and in the Android Market.
Zillow offers information and services for every stage of homeownership – for homeowners, buyers, sellers, and renters – and for all types of real estate professionals, including agents, brokers, lenders and more. Approximately 63 percent of Zillow's visitors, or 6.5 million in June were actively buying or selling a home now or in the near future(ii).
Additional milestones during the first half of 2010 include:
- 4.4 million for-sale, rental and Make Me Move listings are posted on Zillow today, up 23 percent year-over-year.
- Zillow forged new partnerships with several large real estate brokerages in the first half of 2010, including Howard Hanna® Real Estate Services and John L. Scott® Real Estate. Zillow now has partnerships with virtually every major real estate brokerage in the country, many of whom are represented on Zillow's Broker Advisory Board.
- Zillow began offering rental listings in December and will soon be adding additional rental listing feeds, as it has already done with for sale listings feeds.
- Zillow Mortgage Marketplace continues to revolutionize the way borrowers connect with lenders, offering consumers an anonymous way to compare unlimited customized rates by verified and rated lenders. During the first half of 2010, borrowers submitted 356,000 loan requests through Zillow Mortgage Marketplace, up 35 percent year-over-year. During the same period, lenders responded with more than 4.7 million custom loan quotes, up 31 percent from the first half of 2009. Lenders compete with one another in the transparent marketplace, and each loan request is generating an average of 16 loan quotes to help borrowers thoroughly shop and find the best loan for them. With the industry's first lender-rating system, participating lenders have an average of four reviews each.
- The Zillow Directory of real estate professionals continues to grow and now includes more than 262,000 real estate agents, more than 19,000 lenders and 25,000 other professionals.
"As volatility in the housing market continues unabated, information is power now more than ever," said Spencer Rascoff, Zillow's chief operating officer. "In just a few short years, the Zillow brand has become well-known as the leading source for real estate information online. We're pleased that in 2010 our product has successfully expanded beyond the desktop and onto mobile devices, such that Zillow is now readily accessible wherever and whenever people want to access it."
To learn more about Zillow, visit the Zillow Blog at www.zillow.com/blog. Learn more about Zillow Mobile and the Zillow iPhone App, Zillow iPad App and the Zillow Android App by visiting http://www.zillow.com/mobile/
Zillow.com is an online real estate marketplace where homeowners, buyers, sellers, renters, real estate agents and mortgage professionals find and share vital information about homes and mortgages. Launched in early 2006 with Zestimate® home values and data on millions of U.S. homes, Zillow has since added homes for sale and homes for rent, a directory of real estate and lending professionals, Zillow Mobile Apps, Zillow Advice and Zillow Mortgage Marketplace. One of the most-visited U.S. real estate websites, with nearly 11 million unique visitors per month, Zillow's goal is to help people become smarter about homes and real estate in every stage of their lives -- home buying, selling, renting, remodeling and financing. The company is headquartered in Seattle and has raised $87 million in funding.
Zillow.com, Zillow and Zestimate are registered trademarks of Zillow, Inc.
iPhone is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc. iPad is a trademark of Apple, Inc.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
Android is a trademark of Google, Inc.
Howard Hanna is a registered trademark of Hanna Holdings, Inc.
John L. Scott is a registered trademark of John L. Scott, Inc.
(i) Source for unique users (monthly unique visitors) and page view data: Omniture.
(ii) 63% planned to buy or sell in the near future, or were thinking about doing so within the next two years: Zillow site survey.